WorkingBuildings Institute provides AIA approved continuing education programs valued at one learning unit. Or you can request a customized lunch and learn topic.
Our AIA approved courses include:
- Commissioning, It’s Not Just Testing? This is an introductory commissioning course that reviews the fundamental attributes of commissioning and proceeds with a more detailed delineation of benefits and activities associated with commissioning projects.
- LEED Versus Green Globes . . . What’s the Difference? During this course participants will learn the fundamentals of two popular green building rating systems, Green Globes and LEED. The course will cover key differences between the two rating systems including how points are tracked and probable project costs.
- How to Write a Commissioning RFP This course goes into detail on what to include in a commissioning scope of work. Examples of what to include and effects of poorly written requests for proposal are covered.
- Energy Modeling: Not Just for Engineers! During this course, participants will gain an understanding of when to initiate an energy model, how it evolves during subsequent design stages, and through demonstration practice creating an energy model.
- Understanding Enhanced Commissioning This course will explain what is required for enhanced commissioning and how it serves as a compliment to fundamental commissioning. Benefits for both the Owner and Architect will be explored.
Please tell us what you are interested in, and we will get back to you with available dates.