Energy modeling, now required by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for projects pursuing LEED certification, has become an important service to our clients. Our staff is fully trained to conduct energy modeling for all facility types including low rise and high rise offices, schools, university education facilities, student centers, and conference and data centers.
Our engineers determine options for choosing equipment and environmental components that impact the energy profile of your facility. The various options of your energy model are evaluated based on the priorities of functionality for the occupants and long-term operations and profitability as set forth by the Owner.
Utilizing energy modeling software, we are able to evaluate cause and effect, identify synergies and life-cycle costs.
Our expected scope-of-service for energy modeling includes the following:
- Construct an energy model of the base building
- Use this energy model to evaluate the effectiveness of various HVAC equipment efficiency options, water heating options (solar thermal, instantaneous vs. storage) lighting level effectiveness and efficiency options on the overall energy use of the building
- Obtain feedback from the owner regarding the options evaluated
- Make final revisions to the energy model
- Prepare final energy model report for inclusion in the related energy audit or retro-commissioning activity